How do I choose the right stove?
The celebrity endorsement by television presenters such as Kevin McCloud and property developer Sarah Beeny have helped launch the meteoric rise of wood effect burning stoves and turned them into the 'must have' in home-decorative. Traditionally seen as a ubiquitous source of rural heat the stove is becoming increasingly fashionable in cities and towns.
However with the cost of solid fuel soaring over the last few years and the installation cost of a wood burning stove in excess of £1500 the idea of installing a wood burning stove doesn't seem to be so attractive. Now with the advances in gas and electric technology Superior Fires have an innovative range of 100% efficient flueless gas stoves and electric stoves that not only provide a low cost source of heat but one that can be easily controlled for all year round comfort.
To help you find the perfect gas stove or electric stove we've answered the most popular questions below to get you started.
- Can I have a flueless gas stove? Flueless gas stove do not require a chimney or flue and can be installed in a fireplace, inglenook and flat against a wall. Please check section 4.0 in instruction manual for more information on installation. Flueless gas stoves can not only be installed in the living room but also the dining room, office, or kitchen but they are not suitable for bedrooms or bathrooms. Flueless gas stove will require an accessible 8mm gas supply and the allowance of a 100cm² air vent to be installed in the room.
- Do flueless stoves require a minimum room size? Yes flueless gas stoves require a minimum room size of 35m³ (3.82m x 3.82m x 2.4m)
- Who can install a flueless gas stove? All gas product must be installed by a qualified Gas Safe engineer however they do not require an electrician as they have battery spark ignition. At Superior Fires your safety is of paramount importance and this is why we offer a nationwide Home Survey and Installation Service to ensure you not only get the flueless gas stove you like but it is installed and working correctly all for a competitive price.
- Are flueless gas stoves easy to operate? Our range of flueless gas stoves are easy to operate and are fitted with a patented low level front facing slide control system which allows you to turn the flueless stove on/off and control the heat.
- Are electric stove easy to install? Our range of Augusta LED stoves come with a 1.6 metre mains power cable and the Amberley and Hambleton LCD electric stoves come with a 2.0 metre mains power cable. Both the LED and LCD range of electric stoves are all bottom vented heated which allows them to installed below a TV.
- Are electric stoves safe? Every electric stoves are fitted with a Thermal Trip Switch which cuts off the fan heater if the air inlets or heater inlets are obstructed.
- Can I use my electric stove as a primary heat source? Electric stoves are perfect at creating instant additional heat and should not be used as your primary source of heat.
- What are the benefits of LCD stoves? Our ultra realistic LCD electric stoves offer the same benefits as our LED range although additionally incorporate LCD technology. This is redefining the way we experience personal space heating and creates a new standard in digital electric fire design. Our LCD electric stoves all have 9 real scenes including log fire, twig fire, coal fire, gas fire medium, gas fire high, gas fire blue, abstract scene, nature scene and aquarium scene.
- Do any of your LCD stoves have a remote control? Both the Amberley and Hambleton LCD stoves come with a remote control which allows you to operate the volume and the choose between the 9 scenes.
- What are the benefits of LED stoves? LED technology not only provides a deeper, richer flame picture with enhanced flame movement but is also a fraction of the cost to run when compared to a conventional incandescent bulb. It will last a lot longer too.
Hopefully these main considerations will help you to choose the right stove and you'll have a beautiful warm focal point in your room. Browse our wide selection of gas stoves and electric stoves and find exactly what you're looking for.
Need more advice or a Home Survey?
For more great tips on-line, please see our Product Help & Information guide within the Help & Advice section.
If you're still not sure where to start and could do with a helping hand, get in touch. Customers come to us for our wide choice, great prices and unbeatable product knowledge. If there's something we can help you with or you've got any technical questions, contact our friendly sales team on 01202 588 632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don't forget we offer a nationwide Home Survey & Installation whereby we can send out a Gas Safe Registered engineer to help make sure you get exactly the right fire for you and know exactly what the costs are before you decide to proceed.