- Home >
- How long are our inclusive guarantees?
How long are our inclusive guarantees?
Most manufacturers typically offer a one-year guarantee on appliances, but we extend that to 3 years at no extra cost to offer you value for money and peace of mind. All our standard range of Superior Fires appliances (excluding fireplaces and spares) carry a total guarantee of 3 years, because we can be absolutely confident in their quality. We also provide the opportunity to extend our 3 year guarantee up to 5 years for a small one-off fee but this must be done at the point of purchase.
We also offer an inclusive 5-year guarantee on our premium range of products. We know we're not the only retailer doing that now, but we were certainly one of the first to offer to include this free-of-charge.
- Do I need to register my product to validate my guarantee?
Do I Need To Register My Product?
There are many benefits to registering your product and this can be simply done online by completing the information fields in the Contact Us page.
- Full name
- Post code where the fire is installed
- Contact number (preferably mobile)
- Email address
- Sales Order Reference Number #
- Gas Safe Registration No. of Installer (gas appliances only)
Registering your product and providing this information will keep our records up to date and if you need to make a claim then we will have the information we need.
- How to make a claim under our inclusive guarantee
How to make a claim under our inclusive guarantee
Making a claim is easy
For peace of mind, Superior Fires products are sold with either a 1, 3 or 5 year guarantee*. This means that your product is covered for any failure caused by a manufacturing defect during the warranty period. Repairs are carried out by our national network of qualified, Gas Safe registered engineers, using genuine Superior Fires parts. *5 year guarantee is only applicable for premium models.
In the unlikely event that you need to make a claim please go to the Contact Us page and complete the form. We require the following information to process your claim:
- Your name
- Your post code where the fire is installed
- Your contact number, ideally mobile
- Original Sales Order No.
- Gas Safe Registration No. of installer
- Please summarise symptoms of the fault within the comments box.
NB: We will require a copy of the annual service receipt (if over 12 months old). It would also be helpful to have your serial number available. This can be found on your fire's data label.
- Extended Guarantee (3 Year to 5 Year)
Extended Guarantee (3 Year to 5 Year)
At Superior Fires we want you to enjoy your purchase for years to come. That's why all of our standard gas fires come complete with a 3 year guarantee. However, for only £50.00 you can purchase an additional 2 years guarantee (3 + 2) years, giving you 5 years total, for complete peace of mind. This offer applies to gas fires only. This offer only applies when purchasing one of our gas fires and must be selected at the time of purchase. Terms and conditions apply.
- How do I purchase? This must be purchased at the same time as your gas fire. It is not possible to do this at a later date.
- What is my proof of purchase? The 2 Years Extended Guarantee is shown on your receipt. You do not need to register our guarantee. It is as simple as that.
- What does it cover? Your guarantee with us ensures that only Superior Fires approved Gas Safe engineers will work on your fire and only genuine Superior Fires parts used.
- Who covers the guarantee? As we/Superior Fires are the manufacturer we guarantee the fire for the period of the entire guarantee, no third party. An experienced member of our sales and service team will deal with any claim to ensure that you get the best possible service.
Benefits of extending your guarantee
- Peace of mind against expensive repair bills
- Quality approved and reliable repair
- Protection for your new fire/s for up to 5 years
- Includes genuine Superior Fires parts
- Approved Gas Safe engineer
- Guarantee - Terms & Conditions
Guarantee - Terms & Conditions
The guarantee is only applicable to online purchases made through the Superior Fires website. Registration is not mandatory but may speed the process of your claim.
For all gas fires purchased the guarantee commences from the date of purchase, provided that the following three terms and conditions are adhered to:
- Your gas fire must have been commissioned by Gas Safe registered installer, evidence of which you must provide together with the Gas Safe registration number.
- Your appliance must have been serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered installer, evidence of which must be provided, such as the receipt.
- Your item(s) must have been purchased through the Superior Fires website.
- Please note all consumable items such as any ceramics including; coals, pebbles, the matrix, front strips, side cheeks, rear panels and tapered rear panels are not covered within the guarantee
- During the guarantee period any product or component which is proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture, will be repaired or replaced free of material and labour charges, providing that we have authorised or carried out the repair or replacement.
- We will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried on the product or fits parts, unless we have approved such work in advance of it being carried out.
- The guarantee period will not be extended even if we repair or replace any product or part
- For all electric fires purchased the guarantee commences from the date of purchase, providing that you can supply the proof of purchase. This does not cover consumable items such as pebbles, coals or light bulbs. Purchase(s) must be made online through the Superior Fires website
- The warranty is subject to the product being installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Notification of any fault should initially be made to the installer to allow checks to be made to ensure that the fault is not installation related
- If the claim is found to be to be valid by Superior Fires, a repair or replacement will be issued. If the product has since been discontinued, a similar replacement will be issued
- Superior Fires reserves the right to investigate all claims, conduct appropriate testing and arrange rectification of any manufacturing defect
- Superior Fires liability will under no circumstances extend beyond the repair or replacement of the product supplied by us. Claims for refitting or any other consequential losses are not admissible
- Our guarantee excludes: deliberate or accidental damage to or neglect of the product, servicing, inspecting or cleaning, failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and/or installation guidelines
- Please note we reserve the right to charge for the expense of a service call, when no fault has been found with the product on inspection
- Occasionally, we may ask you to pay for the repair and claim the cost of the repair from us
Please be advised that our guarantee only covers products purchased from 1st September 2011.