How do I choose the right stove?
The celebrity endorsement by television presenters such as Kevin McCloud and property developer Sarah Beeny have helped launch the meteoric rise of wood effect burning stoves and turned them into the 'must have' home decorative. Traditionally seen as a ubiquitous source of rural heat, the stove is becoming increasingly fashionable in cities and towns.
However with the cost of solid fuel soaring over the last few years and the installation cost of a wood burning stove in excess of £1500, the idea of installing a wood burning stove doesn't seem to be so attractive. Now with the advances in gas and electric technology, we have an innovative range of efficient flueless gas stoves and electric stoves that not only provide a low cost source of heat but one that can be easily controlled for all year round comfort.
To help you find the perfect gas or electric stove fire, we've answered the most popular questions below to get you started.
- Can I have a flueless gas stove? Flueless gas stove do not require a chimney or flue and can be installed in a fireplace, inglenook and flat against a wall. Please check section 4.0 in instruction manual for more information on installation. Flueless gas stoves can not only be installed in the living room but also the dining room, office, or kitchen but they are not suitable for bedrooms or bathrooms. Flueless gas stove will require an accessible 8mm gas supply and the allowance of a 100cm² air vent to be installed in the room.
- Do flueless stoves require a minimum room size? Yes flueless gas stoves require a minimum room size of 35m³ (3.82m x 3.82m x 2.4m)
- Who can install a flueless gas stove? All gas product must be installed by a qualified Gas Safe engineer however they do not require an electrician as they have battery spark ignition. At Superior Fires your safety is of paramount importance and this is why we offer a nationwide Home Survey and Installation Service to ensure you not only get the flueless gas stove you like but it is installed and working correctly all for a competitive price.
- Are flueless gas stoves easy to operate? Our range of flueless gas stoves are easy to operate and are fitted with a patented low level front facing slide control system which allows you to turn the flueless stove on/off and control the heat.
- Are electric stoves easy to install? Our range of Augusta LED stoves come with a 1.6 metre mains power cable and the Amberley and Hambleton electric stoves come with a 2.0 metre mains power cable. The electric stoves are all bottom vented heated which allows them to installed below a TV.
- Are electric stoves safe? Every electric stoves are fitted with a Thermal Trip Switch which cuts off the fan heater if the air inlets or heater inlets are obstructed.
- Can I use my electric stove as a primary heat source? Electric stoves are perfect at creating instant additional heat and should not be used as your primary source of heat.
- What are the benefits of LED stoves? LED technology not only provides a deeper, richer flame picture with enhanced flame movement but is also a fraction of the cost to run when compared to a conventional incandescent bulb. It will last a lot longer too.
Electric Stoves & Gas Stoves - Browse the full range today!
When it comes to choosing the right gas or electric stove for your home, we know you’ll want a wide range to choose from and exceptional product quality when you’ve found the perfect fire for you. Our extensive gas stove range features over 100 individual fires and has been specifically created over the last 30 years to cover almost any style or design. Add that touch of quality to a room or make one of our electric stoves the focal point of your home.
We understand that more traditionally decorated homes will need a gas stove to match, which is why we have several traditional stove designs to choose from. Similarly, a more modern home will want a sleek and contemporary fire to complete the look - something we also offer within our range.
Gas and electric stove fires are one of the most popular ways to transform the feeling of an entire room thanks to their stylish designs and high efficiency. Warm your home with a gas stove that can also be operated without the heat if you just want that fantastic flickering flame effect on a summer’s evening. When winter rolls around, simply turn up the heat, sit back and relax in comfort.
From flueless gas stoves to free standing electric stoves, we really do have something for everyone. Not only that, whatever style of stove you’re looking for, our experts are on hand to help you make the right choice. Want to see one of our stoves up close? Come and visit our fire showroom to see a selection of our products in action!
Need more advice or a Home Survey?
For more great tips about electric stove fires, please see our Product Help & Information guide within the Help & Advice section.
If you're still not sure where to start and could do with a helping hand, get in touch. Customers come to us for our wide choice, great prices and unbeatable product knowledge. If there's something we can help you with or you've got any technical questions, contact our friendly sales team on 01202 588 632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don't forget we offer a nationwide Home Survey & Installation whereby we can send out a Gas Safe Registered engineer to help make sure you get exactly the right fire for you and know exactly what the costs are before you decide to proceed.