How do I choose the right fireplace?
A new feature fireplace has the power to completely transform the look and feel of a room, and provide a real focal point for many years to come. With so many styles, designs and materials it can be a little overwhelming choosing the right fireplace suite for your room. The choice of fireplaces may also vary depending on the type of gas or electric fire selected as some materials and finishes are not designed to work with high temperature fires. Generally speaking, fireplaces are constructed from a surround, backpanel and hearth. Understanding what is compatible with your choice of fire and still look great in your home is a key part of selecting the right fireplace.
To help you find the perfect feature fireplace for you, we've answered the most popular questions below to get you started.
- How can I make sure the fireplace fits my chimney breast or wall? To make sure that the fireplace surround or fireplace suite is suitable for your chimney breast or wall, please check the product specification table on the fireplace product page. This specification table is specific to each product.
- What types of materials are fireplace suites and fireplace surrounds available in? We sell natural (Agean limestone, Carrara marble, granite), wooden (painted white, oak veneer, walnut veneer, pine) and micro marble fireplaces. Please note that the micro marble fireplace suites are not suitable for our Grosvenor high efficiency range or our Westbury flueless range of gas fires.
- What types of materials are the backpanel and hearths available in? The fireplace backpanel and hearths are available in polished black granite, honed black granite, slate honed, Agean Limestone and are available in a number of different sizes. The hearths are boxed and are 50mm in height. For more guidance in this area, please speak to our team directly.
- Does the fireplace backpanel have an opening? The polished black granite, honed black granite and slate honed fireplace backpanels all have a standard opening size of width 420mm x height 570mm and have a depth/thickness of 20mm. You can also specify an Agean limestone backpanel which is available as a 3 piece set and has a depth/thickness of 20mm.
- Do the fireplace surrounds come with a backpanel and hearth? All of our fireplace suites include a fireplace surround, backpanel and hearth. The wooden, Agean Limestone and Carrara marble fireplace suites come with a polished black granite backpanel and hearth. The cast stone, Portuguese Limestone and micro marble suites all come with matching backpanel and hearths.
- Do the fireplaces suite and fireplace surrounds require assembly? All of our natural stone (limestone, Carrara marble, granite), wooden (painted white, oak veneer, walnut veneer, pine) fireplace surrounds and our micro marble suites will require assembly.
- My fireplace hearth is an odd size and I don't want to replace the carpet - what are my options? We offer bespoke made-to-measure boxed and lipped fireplace hearths which are available in polished black granite, honed black granite, slate honed, perla micro marble, Agean Limestone and Portuguese Limestone. All you need to do is give us a call on 01202 588 632 and provide us with the dimensions of the hearth you require and we will be able provide you with a quote for the hearth.
- What is a boxed and lipped hearth? A boxed and lipped hearth is a fireplace hearth (boxed shaped) which has 1/2" over hang on the sides and the front of the hearth to create the lipped edge on the hearth.
- What is surround rebate?A rebate is the difference between the outside and inside leg return on a fireplace surround. To work out your fireplace rebate, simply subtract the inside leg return from the outside leg return.
- Who will install my fireplace? We offer a Home Survey and Installation Service to ensure you get the right fireplace installed at a competitive price - and without the hassle of doing it yourself.
- How will my fireplace be delivered? Our fireplace surrounds, fireplace suites, backpanel and hearths will be delivered on a pallet and will take up to 14 working days to be delivered. This includes standard and bespoke made-to-measure hearths. Please speak to our team directly if you need further assistance.
Buy your gas fireplace or electric fireplace UK online today!
When it comes to choosing the right feature fireplace for your home, we know you’ll want a wide range to choose from and exceptional product quality when you’ve found the perfect suite for you. Our extensive fireplace UK range features over 100 individual suites and has been specifically created over the last 30 years to cover almost any style or design. Add that touch of quality to a room and make one of our fireplaces the focal point of your home.
We understand that more traditionally decorated homes will need a fireplace to match, which is why we have several traditional fireplace designs to choose from in our fireplace UK range. Similarly, a more modern home will want a sleek and contemporary suite to complete the look - something we also offer within our range.
Feature fireplaces are one of the most popular ways to transform the feeling of an entire room thanks to their stylish designs and fantastic craftsmanship. Warm your home with an electric or gas fireplace that can also be operated without the heat if you just want that fantastic flickering flame effect on a summer’s evening. When winter rolls around, simply turn up the heat, sit back and relax in comfort.
Gas, electric, freestanding, wall mounted, stone, marble, modern, traditional - we really do have a fireplace for everyone. Not only that, whatever style of fireplace you’re looking for, our experts are on hand to help you make the right choice. Want to see one of our fireplace UK range up close? Come and visit our fire showroom to see a selection of our products in action!
Browse our wide selection of Agean Limestone, Portuguese Limestone, Carrara marble, cast stone and wooden fireplaces with either black granite, slate or Agean Limestone backpanel and hearth and find exactly what you're looking for.
Need more advice or a Home Survey?
For more great tips online, please see our Product Help & Information guide.
If you're still not sure where to start and could do with a helping hand, get in touch. Customers come to us for our wide choice, great prices and unbeatable product knowledge. If there's something we can help you with or you've got any technical questions, contact our friendly sales team on 01202 588 632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don't forget we offer a nationwide Home Survey & Installation service whereby we can send out a Gas Safe Registered engineer to help make sure you get exactly the right fire for you and know exactly what the costs are before you decide to proceed.