How do I choose the right electric fire?
Over the last 30 years Superior Fires have been continually designing and developing its range to make sure we offer the best products available for our customers.
At Superior Fires we believe that buying an electric fire doesn't have to be complicated. To help you find the perfect gas fire we've answered the most popular questions below to get you started.
- What types of electric fire suitsescan I have? The versatility of our inset range allows for them to be installed with ease whether it is to be fitted into existing fireplace surround or to be fitted on a flat wall. They have been designed with removable spacer frames which allows the fire to be installed fully inset, semi inset of flat against the wall. The wall mounted range are easy to install as they do not require a flue or chimney and just require an mains power supply and our range of wall mounted LED fires are all bottom vented heated which allows them to installed below a TV.
- Can I have the flame effect without heat? Our range of inset, wall mounted, freestanding LED and LCD fires all have the ability to use the flame effects without using the heater.
- I don’t have a chimney/flue but can I still have an electric fireplace? Yes are inset LCD and LED electric fires come with fitted spacer frames to allow the fire to be installed flat against the wall and are wall mounted LED and LCD fires simply hang on the wall.
- Are they easy to install? Our range of inset, wall mounted and electric fire suites come with a main power cable which is between 1.6-2.0 metre to give flexibility of installation. The wall mounted range are easy to install as they do not require a flue or chimney and just require an mains power supply and our range of wall mounted LED models are all bottom vented heated which allows them to installed below a TV.
- Freestanding Models? The benefits of a freestanding suite are that is a one complete item and doesn't have all the fuss of buying a fireplace suite or fireplace surround separately.
- Are they safe? Every fire is fitted with a Thermal Trip Switch which cuts off the fan heater if the air inlets or heater inlets are obstructed.
- Can I use mine as a primary heat source? They are perfect at creating instant additional heat and should not be used as your primary source of heat.
- What are the benefits of LCD Fires? Our ultra realistic LCD models offer the same benefits as our LED range although additionally incorporate LCD technology. This is redefining the way we experience personal space heating and creates a new standard in digital electric fire design. Our inset, wall Mounted and electric suites all have 9 real scenes including log fire, twig fire, coal fire, gas fire medium, gas fire high, gas fire blue, abstract scene, nature scene and aquarium scene.
- Do any of your LCD fires have a remote control? Our range Santini inset, Mosconi wall mounted and our Reno electric suites come with a remote control which allows you to operate the volume and the choose between the 9 scenes.
- What are the benefits of LED fires? LED technology not only provides a deeper, richer flame picture with enhanced flame movement but is also a fraction of the cost to run when compared to a conventional incandescent bulb. It will last a lot longer too.
Electric Fireplace - Browse Full Selection
Hopefully these main considerations will help you to choose the right electric fire and surround and you'll have a beautiful warm focal point in your room. Browse our wide selection of electric fireplaces and find exactly what you're looking for.
Need more advice or a Home Survey?
For more great tips online, please see our Product Help & Information guide within the Help & Advice section.
If you're still not sure where to start and could do with a helping hand, get in touch. Customers come to us for our wide choice, great prices and unbeatable product knowledge. If there's something we can help you with or you've got any technical questions, contact our friendly sales team on 01202 588 632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, don't forget we offer a nationwide Home Survey & Installation Quotation service whereby we can send out a qualified engineer to help make sure you get exactly the right electric fire and surround for you and know exactly what the costs are before you decide to proceed.