How do I choose the right electric fire?
Over the last 30 years, we have been continually designing and developing our range to make sure we offer the best products available for our customers.
We believe that buying electric fires doesn't have to be complicated. To help you find the perfect fire, we've answered the most popular questions below to get you started.
- What types of electric fire suites can I have? The versatility of our inset electric fire allows for them to be installed with ease, whether it is to be fitted into existing fireplace surround or to be fitted on a flat wall. They have been designed with removable spacer frames which allows the fire to be installed fully inset, semi inset or flat against the wall. Our wall mounted electric fire range are easy to install as they do not require a flue or chimney, and just need a mains power supply. Furthermore, our range of wall mounted LED electric fires are all bottom vented heated which allows them to installed below a TV.
- Can I have an electric fire with flame effect without heat?
Our range of inset, wall mounted, freestanding, LED and LCD electric fires all have the ability to use the flame effects without using the heater.
- I don’t have a chimney/flue - can I still have an electric fireplace? Yes! Our inset LCD and LED electric fires come with fitted spacer frames to allow the fire to be installed flat against the wall and our wall mounted LED and LCD fires simply hang on the wall.
- Are they easy to install? Our range of inset, wall mounted and electric fire suites come with a main power cable which is between 1.6-2.0 metre to give flexibility of installation. The wall mounted electric fires are easy to install as they do not require a flue or chimney - just a mains power supply.
- Should I choose a freestanding electric fire? The benefits of a freestanding fire suite are fantastic. It obviously comes as one complete item and doesn't have all the fuss of buying a fireplace suite or fireplace surround separately. For more information, take a look at our freestanding electric fire suites.
- Are electric fires safe? Every one of our electric fires is fitted with a Thermal Trip Switch which cuts off the fan heater if the air inlets or heater inlets are obstructed. This means they are perfectly safe to use in almost any room in the house.
- Can I use my electric fire as a primary heat source? Ideally no - electric fires are perfect at creating instant additional heat but should not be used as your primary source of heat.
- What are the benefits of LCD electric fires? Our ultra realistic LCD fires offer the same benefits as our LED range, although additionally incorporate LCD technology. This is redefining the way we experience personal space heating and creates a new standard in digital electric fire design. Our inset, wall mounted and electric fire suites all have 9 real scenes including log fire, twig fire, coal fire, gas fire medium, gas fire high, gas fire blue, abstract scene, nature scene and aquarium scene.
- Do any of your LCD electric fires have a remote control? Our range Santini inset, Mosconi wall mounted come with a remote control which allows you to operate the volume and the choose between the 9 scenes.
- What are the benefits of LED electric fires? LED technology not only provides a deeper, richer flame picture with enhanced flame movement but is also a fraction of the cost to run when compared to a conventional incandescent bulb. It will last a lot longer too!
Electric Fires UK - Browse the full range today!
Hopefully these main considerations will help you to choose the right electric fire and surround, giving you a beautiful warm focal point in your room. Browse our wide selection of electric fireplaces and find exactly what you're looking for.
Need more advice or a Home Survey?
For more great tips online, please see our Product Help & Information guide within the Help & Advice section.
If you're still not sure where to start and could do with a helping hand, get in touch. Customers come to us for our wide choice, great prices and unbeatable product knowledge. If there's something we can help you with or you've got any technical questions, contact our friendly sales team on 01202 588 632 or email us at email@example.com.
And, don't forget we offer a nationwide Home Survey & Installation Quotation service whereby we can send out a qualified engineer to help make sure you get exactly the right electric fire and surround for you and know exactly what the costs are before you decide to proceed.